In addition to our line of expandable containers, Weatherhaven can source and supply support vehicles, such as mobilizers and trailers to transport the EHMECC, MECC and TRECC, for a complete turnkey solution.
- "All terrain" capability
- High-speed version travels at speeds up to 55 mph (89 km/h)
- Has a flexible design and robust construction
- Ideal for loading containers onto aircraft as the Mobilizer has adjustable ends for ground clearance
- Can be converted from a low-speed mobilizer to a high-speed unit by adding vehicle accessories
- Our expandable containers are fully functional when deployed on the Mobilizer - side extensions are available to support the expandable sides
Weatherhaven designed the LH55 (low/high-speed) ISO Container Mobilizer to provide users with a cost-effective, low-speed container mover that has the flexibility of being upgraded for high-speed duty. Conversion from a low to a high-speed mobilizer is easily accomplished by adding full fenders, mud flaps and a 24 VDC lighting system, allowing the LH55 to travel at speeds of 55 mph (89 km/h).
The LH55 Mobilizer is an ideal solution for transporting containers from one location to another on either rough terrain or paved highway.
The LH55 has a 29,500 lb (13,381 kg) gross vehicle weight and provides towed transport for 10' (3 m) or 20' (6 m) ISO Containers weighing up to 24,000 lb (10,886 kg).
Each end of the LH55 is independently adjustable to provide ground clearance to 32" (81 cm), which is ideal for loading containers onto an aircraft. Although the LH55 was initially designed for airfield operations, its "all terrain" capability is due to its flexible design and robust construction.
Weatherhaven's expandable containers, such as the MECC™, EHMECC™ and TRECC™ can be deployed while still attached to the Mobilizer and be fully functional. Side extensions are available to support the expandable sides of the container when the shelter is deployed on the Mobilizer. Leveling jacks also allow the expandable containers to be set up on uneven terrain.
Armed forces around the world have always needed the flexibility to transport their equipment over varied terrain - from modern highways to contour-hugging secondary rounds to rugged off-road conditions and detours that may involve river fording. To transport heavy container cargo over a variety of surfaces requires a well-designed vehicle that can withstand highway speeds, anti-racking stresses, irregular surfaces and water submersion. The Mobility Trailer does all this and has highway speeds of 55 mph (89 km/h) and offroad speeds of 15 mph (24 km/h).
The loaded Mobility Trailer is designed to be towed by military 5-ton vehicles, such as the FMTV cargo truck in the US Forces, making it a simple solution for any MECC™ or ISO container movement in the armed forces.
- Configured for a 20' (6 m) MECC™, which is fully functional when deployed on the trailer with the support of side extensions
- NSN #2330-01-506-5979
- Standard ISO connectors
- Ruggedized for serious off-road conditions
- Heavy-duty "I" beam construction
- Tandem axle / dual wheel
- Air brakes and emergency breakaway braking
- 24V electrical system / NATO standard connectors
- Blackout and standard lighting
- Leveling capability for uneven terrain
The 7.5T Mobility Trailer has been designed to transport Weatherhaven's MECC™, a 3-in-1 expandable container that is a 20' (6 m) long ISO certified container in its shipping configuration. The integral leveling capability of the Mobility Trailer allows the MECC™ to be fully operationally deployed while mounted on the trailer, and has resulted in the acquisition of many dedicated Mobility Trailer/MECC™ systems for operations that require immediate mobilization and relocation.
Complete Shelter Solutions
We provide everything you need to complete your project or mission while living and working in our turnkey shelter systems. From need assessment and shelter design, to installation and equipment, we'll handle all your mobile shelter needs.Contact Us